The New Year often brings new health goals for most individuals. In fact, According to a YouGov poll, over a third of people polled said their resolutions involved exercise, nutrition, and a desire for overall health improvements! And most of us wish for more of a lifestyle change than a quick fix.
February is right around the corner and is known most for hearts and showing love and appreciation for others. So why not show yourself and your heart some love and appreciation this year?
Did you know heart disease and stroke cause 1 in 3 deaths among women each year, killing approximately one woman every 80 seconds? However, according to Go Red For Women, 80% of cardiac events may be prevented with education and lifestyle changes.
National WEAR RED Day is coming up on February 2nd and we here at Tiny Trucker Co are dedicated to supporting happy and healthy hearts and this initiative!
As a company that is run solely by women, knowing about our heart health and how to prevent heart disease is vital. And since we are all moms, it is even more important to be healthy for our children. We want to be positive role models in our childrens’ lives and also teach them how to live a healthy lifestyle too!
So this year, we are asking YOU to WEAR RED on National Wear Red Day on February 2nd. When you buy a RED MAMA hat, you are not only spreading awareness for this nationwide cause and supporting educational programs to increase women’s awareness and critical research, you are also showing your commitment to your heart health! A portion of the proceeds from all RED MAMA hats will be donated to Go Red For Women. And use the code GORED for FREE SHIPPING!! And make sure to tag us in your photos using #tinytruckerwearsred for an opportunity to be featured on Instagram and a chance to WIN A FREE HAT! To learn more about Go Red For Women please visithttps://www.goredforwomen.org
In the meantime, here are our TOP 5 TIPS for moms to become healthier this year!
1. Get 20 minutes of dedicated movement each day. Take a walk around the neighborhood and take your children to a local park! This will help both of you feel refreshed, gain energy, clear your mind, and also get in a little exercise!
2. Have your children pick a different color for the week and together pick out a fruit or vegetable at the store that you can eat that week to match the color! Try to incorporate as many colors as you can into your diet and eat fruits and or vegetables at every meal. This will make eating fruits and vegetables a learning activity and fun for you and your children!
3. Take a moment to educate yourself on your Total Cholesterol, HDL (good) Cholesterol, Blood Pressure, Blood Sugar and Body Mass Index (BMI). Knowing these numbers will help you and their healthcare provider determine your risk for developing cardiovascular diseases. Make an appointment with your local doctor today!
4. Call a friend. Make a lunch date/play date once a week for happier social health! Being healthy includes a social outlet and social interaction! This way you and your children will spend time together and have fun with friends at the same time, too!
5. Get 8 hours of sleep. If you are a mom you are probably laughing at how absurd this sounds. We know as moms sleep is often the first thing to go as soon as we become pregnant with our first child. Whether it’s insomnia or having to stay up late or get up early to get work done, we typically sacrifice sleep. Many of us with small children are having to get up to nurse our babies in the middle of the night or have a toddler kicking us all night in bed, but try your best to sleep as much as you can. This will also help prevent illnesses like common colds and flus, too!