February isn’t just for Valentine’s Day anymore. Did you know that it’s also National Wedding Month?? That’s right ladies (and gents), this is the month of L-O-V-E! Along with the fan favorite, Valentine’s day, February ranks the highest with engagements and bridal shows. So, if you’re recently engaged CONGRATS!
One of the first things on your list of planning (right after you send all the photos to your friends and family and admire that #SwoonWorthy ring of yours), is to start figuring out who you want standing by your side and how to ask them! Now it’s no secret that most of you lady babes want to have a super cute way to ask your best girlfriends to be a part of your big day, but if you’re having a hard time figuring out what to include in your “proposal”, we can help with that. Of course you can go as big or small as you’d like, as long as it comes from the heart, your girls are sure to say “YES!!” An example of a few simple items to include in your “bridesmaid proposal box” is a shirt that says “Bridesmaid”, one of your favorite photos of the two of you together, a nail polish in one of your wedding colors, and of course a cute trucker, like this one!
As a bride to be, it can start to feel a little overwhelming when you have things to plan, companies to contact, decisions to make and cake to taste (my personal favorite). So it’s important to be sure to take some time for yourself to relax WITHOUT any planning and really enjoy the last days of being a Miss. Let your girls help you out with the planning. Take time to go get massages to help you unwind, go have a spa day (bonus points if you’re rocking this super cute hat on those outings!), and know that you’re planning a day that should be FUN! Don’t lose sight of why you’re having the wedding in the first place.
Leading up to the big day, I’m sure you’ll have plenty of activities planned. From engagement parties to bachelorette parties and everything in between. Make sure to document those fun times and keep a camera handy so you’re able to capture all the memories and have them as keepsakes! Finally, here are some tips for all you Brides to Be that will hopefully make your wedding day go a little smoother.
- Things will probably go wrong. DON’T WORRY! You probably won’t even notice
- Make sure you EAT! You’re (probably) spending quite a bit on your food anyways. You don’t want to pay for nothing and you definitely don’t want to miss out on great food!
- Everyone is going to have their own opinion. Focus on what’s important to you and your significant other. If it’s not what YOU guys want, don’t worry about it!
- Include other people besides your Maid of Honor when dividing tasks. She’s there to help you along the way but you don’t want her to feel overwhelmed either. Lots of people are there to help, just ask!
- Pick your top 3 most important things, and focus on those. Don’t skimp on your top 3 vendors. (Venue, Photographer, Food are some examples)
- Relax! The ultimate goal here is to be married to your best friend. Your soulmate. With all the chaos and things that happen, just try to remember that as long as you two are married at the end of the day, then everything was perfect!